Computer keeps restarting after windows logo

Ok so my computer will keep restarting by itself after the windows logo. No matter what i try the same thing always happens. Even if i try to run it in safe, mode, or any of the settings by pressing F8 on start up, it will always restart. The same goes for PC recovery. I don't mind reformatting my computer as long as it can work. However, I don't want to perform expensive fixes as im only a student. The last thing I did was leave my computer on overnight so that I could print something for school, but when i woke up, the computer was restarting byitself every time

It's really not the blue screen of death because I've only seen it a couple times and thats when i run in safe mode with command promt. The error was 0X0000007B (0XF78D2524....) Also, when i ran in safe mode, the last driver line was ".../AVGIDSEH.Sys <--- dat is probably because of AVG antivirus but I cant disable AVG since I cant get to my desktop or to pc recovery..

General PC Info:
HP Pavilion a1640n
2048 MB RAM
1.86 Ghz
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
Windows XP Home Edition

if theres any other PC info required that i missed, just post

PLZZZ i need helpp to get this fixed. Any help would be greatly apprciated!

Also it's not because of overheating because i turned the whole power off for 6 hours and when I came back it was still the same...

Hi Spike
Can you boot to safe mode? (Press f8, repeatedly if necessary, as soon as you see your screen for entering bios).
You should come to a screen that offers you these options... (among others)
Boot Safe Mode.
Boot Safe Mode with Networking.
Select Safe Mode.

Assuming you are able to boot to safe mode,
then navigate to your Windows\Minidump folder, and copy the contents for attaching here.
You will want up to the five most recent files.
Zip them and attach to your next post.

Additional information, have you tried any of the hints found in Julio's "sticky" at the top of this forum?

Right now, I am suspecting there was a minor power interruption, which may have affected your windows installation.
Hopefully we will find some information that will help rule out the theory, or point to another.

No i can't even boot from safe mode, it would simply restart after the AVG driver line. Other than that, I've looked at that post and done everything. The memtest thing didnt work for me no matter what i do it would not boot from the cd which only contained the memtest file.

I'm beginning to suspect its due to an AVG update. I ran across a forum with others who are facing similar problems but they've been able to get into safe mode and uninstall AVG and do pc recovery. Anyone got any ideas??

Back