Computer monitor turns off or turns off completely randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

zrules

My computer monitor turns off or turns off completely randomly whenever I play games. It never happened before until now. I believe that my pc did infected with a virus/malware but I did system restore, which supposedly erased the virus, but I am no sure if the virus is still on my comp. However, I did play some graphic intensive games such as Red Alert 3 and Starcraft 2 and I think this problem happened first when I was playing either of these games. I am not sure what is going on here, can someone help me please?

We need to determine if you are truly free from any type of infection. So I strongly suggest you go to our Virus and Malware removal forum, read the Updated 8 Step sticky and follow the steps.

When you complete the steps post on that website with the three required logs attached. Good luck.

Actually, I reformatted my computer back to Vista, which basically eradicated the virus/malware and the problem still persists. Then I went back to Windows 7, and the problem is still there. I installed new drivers from the HP support page, but no luck either. Note: this only happens whenever I play games like CSS, graphic demanding games, this does not happen when I browse the internet or doing simple tasks on the computer.

I believe my video card is discrete and has it's own dedicated memory. My computer is HP Pavilion Dv6z notebook and it has ATI HD 3200 graphics.

Perhaps the following steps might help:
1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them. I take it HP has drivers for said card? You might want to check ATI's website (if you haven't already).

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back