Computer not detecting newly installed RAM

abe10tiger

Hello all, Im back after long. :)

Anyways, Im having this issue regarding a newly bought Apacer 4GB DDR3-1333 RAM card which I immediately installed in my desktop together with a Kinston 2GB DDR3. The computer booted fine and I thought all was well. However, when I right click on "my computer" and go to "properties," under "Installed memory," it only shows 2GB. I have an ECS G41T-R3 mobo.

The RAM cards are placed properly and correctly. I also tried changing the positions of the cards but the same thing happened. Whenever the Kinston 2GB DDR3 is the only inserted ram card, the computer boots fine, but when I put in the Apacer 4GB DDR3-1333 RAM card only, the computer does not boot up.

Please guys I am so desperate. Hope I did not waste any money. Thanks for the help guys :(

Some motherboards are very when it comes to compatible memory. The specs must be exact between some memory modules... DDR3-1333 is not enough information. What is the Kingston memorys complete specs

As Tmagic points out ram can be very tricky to upgrade. You need a very close match and sometimes a little bit of luck. Most sellers will help out and exchange ram for a compatible stick. It's never worth trying to buy the cheapest replacement or upgrade. I'd love to put a 4Gb stick in my netbook but from research I know the motherboard will only recognise a 2Gb stick. There's a chance of something like that in your situation too.

Thanks for the quick response. *sign if I knew it was that tricky to add ram, I never should have bought it. :'( anyway...

Here are the complete specs of the Kingston RAM card: Kingston KVR1333D3S8N9/2G

The Kingston RAM is this:
PC3-10600
So the speed is different on the Apacer4GB DDR3-1333 RAM maybe causing this problem

So the new stick is causing the problem? If I for example, put in a new 2GB ram card instead of 4GB, would it increase the chances of it booting up? Coming from what bazz2004 said.

Or should I go back to where I bought it and get a replacement?

The Kingston is a 2GB module and 8GB is the max for the motherboard. I would try another 4GB module to go with your new Apacer4GB DDR3-1333 totaling 8GB

Yeah, 8GB is the total for the mobo that I have. Im just afraid that if I buy another ram card, it might not work. So I just hold on to my 4GB and get another one? :) and would any brand do? Let's say I buy a Kingston brand?

After re-reading your first post, I don't think the board likes the Apacer 4GB DDR3-1333 module. So return it and get something like 2 Kingston 4GB PC3-10600 modules

Right! I'll try to return the APACER and get a Kingston on Monday (Monday in the Philipiines) and keep you guys updated. Thanks for your help Tmagic650 :)

There shouldn't be a problem exchanging it. This happens quite often. I had an issue where all the specs matched except on the new stick the chips were on the one side. When it was exchanged for one with the chips on both sides the stick was recognised. Unfortunately the replacement was more expensive.

Hey Guys! Things are working out now! Got the replacement and my computer shows the RAM it should be showing haha. I can finally play Fallout 4. Yes, My computer sucks. :(

Back