Computer not turning on question

Hello,

So I switched my computer off using the wall socket switch yesterday as it was switching off by holding the power button nor do I have an OS to press the turn off button. Now my computer won't start up at all.

I have checked everything and all the plugs seem to be in the right place, changed power supply, changed processor, taken out hard drive, graphics card, RAM. But still nothing.

There is still a green light on the motherboard which I know means the PSU is not to blame.

This is my brothers old PC and he said this has happened to him before. He said he just waited a few days and tried turning it on again, and it came on. Has anyone else had a situation like this? I don't get how the computer can not work then magically work again.

Nope, all are fine. No swollen or cracked ones.

I asked my brother again and he said that it will turn back on at some point in the future. I hope he is right. But I couldn't find anyone else with a similar situation anywhere online.

Have you read any situations similar to this where your motherboard doesn't work and then after a few days it starts again?

"There is still a green light on the motherboard which I know means the PSU is not to blame"...
This is not true. A green light just means that 5 volts is present, but the some of the 12 and 3 volt sources could be missing or low. Is the power supply a Bestec or HiPro brand? I would suggest if the start up problems persist, replacing the power supply

I'm beginning to think that its the pwr sw wire that is broken. Everything else seems to go normally. There is an LED light above the power switch that is connected to the motherboard and it lights up whenever
"There is still a green light on the motherboard which I know means the PSU is not to blame"...
This is not true. A green light just means that 5 volts is present, but the some of the 12 and 3 volt sources could be missing or low. Is the power supply a Bestec or HiPro brand? I would suggest if the start up problems persist, replacing the power supply

I am currently using a corsair enthusiast series 750 power supply. I have replaced it with a spare corsair 650 enthusiast series but the problem still persists. Just a green light I see.

"I'm beginning to think that its the pwr sw wire that is broken. Everything else seems to go normally. There is an LED light above the power switch that is connected to the motherboard and it lights up whenever"...
This LED wire has nothing to do with the PC starting up. It is just an indicator light. You can swap the reset switch for the power switch to test. They are the same type switch. Other than that it sounds like a motherboard issue after swapping out the power supply

Back