Computer overheating / Turn off Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
A week or two ago I had a problem with my computer randomly turning itself off. I put this computer together with new parts roughly 15 months ago and havent had a single problem with it before.

Basically it began with a phase of not booting up properly, during start up it would get to the gigabyte motherboard display screen and just freeze there with all the lights on the motherboard lit up.

It eventually stopped doing this but after a day or two began just shutting itself down randomly.

I assumed it was a problem with heat and dust so took everything apart and cleaned the parts and fans completely, this got her up and running perfectly again.

Then today the problems started again. When I got home I turned the power on but it would not even get to the motherboard screen, jsut making the initial whirring noise but not making it to the beep that usually occurs before startup.

Again I cleaned the case completely (Not much dust there luckily) but no luck. So i started removing certain parts and trying to startup, from swapping the memory sticks to sitting the fan back on the CPU. It finally worked after removing my Tv Tuner card. Ive only had this card a month or so which wasn't long before the problems satrted. I assumed it must have been a PSU problem with the stuff I had in there so started planning a bit of a shop for a new one.

But just now the computer (Being untouched, I was over the other side of the room) Turned itself off again.

Can anybody tell me the best way to fix this problem? The details are below:

Thermaltake Soprano Case
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L
DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 2000 MHz (6 x 333)
Ram 4GB (2.5GB Usable) DDR2-800 SDRAM
XFX GeForce 8600 GT
Thermaltake PSU 450W Model: XP550 NP
SAMSUNG HD642JJ ATA Device (640 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7100 (Win7 RC)

Did a full system Scan with Avira which came up clean.

Everest Values:
Temperatures:
Motherboard 38 °C (100 °F)
CPU 51 °C (124 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #1 68 °C (154 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #2 68 °C (154 °F)
GPU Diode 55 °C (131 °F)

Cooling Fans:
CPU 1497 RPM
Chassis #1 1430 RPM
Power Supply 1524 RPM
GPU 100%

So it just did a shut down again so i got the latest values on start up:

Temperatures:
Motherboard 38 °C (100 °F)
CPU 86 °C (187 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #1 97 °C (207 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #2 96 °C (205 °F)
GPU Diode 55 °C (131 °F)

Definately don't like the look of those 80's and 90's.

So what is the best thing I can do? I'm going to give it a good rest tonight, videos seem to drive the temp up a fair bit.

Already it has dropped to 76°C CPU just from not doing anythign strenuous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back