Computer reboots while playing Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I bought this computer for about 2 years ago and when I decided to reformat it because it was full of junk, And I installed it as I have done many times before and it would work just fine but now when I start a game up it will restart and random times, I've managed to play for about 3 hours or so but that's it, I left the computer on all night once with just the desktop and a file open and it never rebooted, But once i start a game up and play it reboots.

SPECS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Machine name: LUBURIUM
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3
System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD
System Model: MS-7235
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Page File: 299MB used, 3643MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 8600 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0402&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A1
Display Memory: 256.0 MB

I have have replaced my Power supply to a new one called USP 3430, 430W, formated and reinstalled windows XP Professional, Tested my RAM, Installed all the windows updates, downloaded the latest video card driver, Motherboard drivers, And my CPU is according to "SpeedFan" Core 1 & 2 = 32C - 31C.

I've been Googling ALOT and I think it is my PSU (Power Supply) that does not have enough power to run my ****, I will if you guys would say that it is my PSU buy a new one with higher Watt, strenght.. Any Ideas? Apriciate it alot,

Games that I play and reboots on:
Battlefield 2
World Of Warcraft

1. google psu calculator to determine your needs. add 30% to the results.
2. Your graphics card may not be powerful enough to play the games you play.
3. Your system could also be overheating as well.

1. google psu calculator to determine your needs. add 30% to the results.
2. Your graphics card may not be powerful enough to play the games you play.
3. Your system could also be overheating as well.

I got it all working now ! I googled this and I got several suggestions, I tried the Auto reboot uncheck thing, It worked for me! Thanks everyone!

Your PSU is not a decent unit and is probably the cause of your problems. Check your GPU temperatures via SpeedFan or RivaTuner. Use RealTemp and CoreTemp for your CPU temperatures. If your CPU or GPU temp is over 55-60C while the PC is sitting idle at the desktop, you've got a ventilation problem in your case.

I agree the PSU is letting you down, always buy branded and over the power you need.
The GFX card you have is fine for playing bf2 (ram intensive game) and wow(cpu intensive game ), as long as the setting are down in wow with their new engine.
It sounds like heat may be playing an issue, how many fans do you have, is there a lot of dust?
Also you say you checked your ram, but faulty ram or mismatched could be causing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back