Computer Requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesW

Hello, I have a PC and I was wondering if my computer is capable of playing counter strike source with no lag/issues. The system requirements to play counterstrike source are-

Minimum: 1.2 GHz Processor, 256MB RAM, DirectX 7 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection
Recommended: 2.4 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX 9 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

I have a Windows XP Inspiron 1501. It has 1.60GHz, and 896 MB of Ram. Does my computer have a graphics card, and also, does my computer fit the requirements?

Thank you in advance

Hey JamesW

Right click your desktop and select Properties. Then select the Settings Tab at the top of the pop-up box. Just above the Screen resolution section, you should see a "display" bit. Type in whatever you see in that display box and we'll let you know if you have a graphics card or not.
Running the game without a graphics card is not possible as far as i know.

As for the rest of your requirements, it could also depend on how much space you have left on your HD, how much system resources you're using on other programs and utilities (your anti-virus, icons etc) whilst running the game.

Spyder_1386

First of all any computer need to have a graphic card either implemented or internal but normally if you have a implemented it is not too high graphic card.

Ok for determining about your graphic card, easy to do go to Device Manager and expand Display Adpater and copy the info given there and post it here. With that it will be easier to ask you if you will or not be able to play the game on your PC.

There is a thread called a "sticky" at the top of this forum entitled "How to check system requirements before you buy the game." Check it out. It should help you.

Spyder_1386- The display box says the following

(Multiple Monitors) on ATI Radeon Xpress 1150

Also, I dont run many things on my computer. Antivirus and Comodo Firewall are about all.

Also, Ultiweap, how do I get to device manager? Sorry, I do not know much when it comes to computer.

Thank you for all your quick responses!

ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 means you have intergrated graphics memory you're system would probably have a tough time running it. I'd say an easy way of trying it would be to download the Half-Life2 demo* and trying to play that on you're computer. It uses the same source engine, so i think it would be a good way of testing youre system's ability to run CS:Source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back