Inactive Computer running slow all of a sudden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

After clicking a link from a so called "friend" on MSN, my computer began to run at a snails pace. Everything has slowed to a halt almost and I'm at my wits end trying to figure out the problem, so I thought I would ask the professionals ;)

I've tried certain anti-spyware/malware/trojan programs such as Malwarebytes,and AVG but they found nothing, Trend Micro found and removed 2 trojans but removing them didn't help at all, in fact after removing them my PC ran even slower, or at least it appeared that way to me.

Anyway I took some friendly advice and downloaded Hijackthis, after following the instructions - renaming the the file to crusty.exe - I ran a scan which included a logfile of all my running processes, and I many of them look rather odd to say the least.

I'm hoping you guys can make more sence of them and advise me on what could be causing the problem. Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    5.8 KB · Views: 3
Nothing obvious.
What is brand, model, age, and configuration?
It appears you have the ASK tool bar installed... Did you intend to use Ask as your search software... ASK can sometimes cause big problems, and is difficult to remove... But I would remove it using Add and Remove and see if things improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back