Computer Starts To Log In, but Never Completes the Process

Hi All!,

My computer can turn on, but only slowly loads the log in page. After about 5 mins I can type in my password. This is followed by the computer loading my background and sometimes the desktop icons. Then it just stops. I can move around the mouse, but I can't click on anything.

I have tried to reseed my RAM and I attempted to try just one RAM card in a slot and ran into the same problem.

I also attempted to hook up my video cords to the motherboard and the screen didn't even register a connection, I also do not get a "beep" from the motherboard during any boot process.

I've also attempted to restore my computer, but it wouldn't go back to a restore point. Both attempts to do a factory reset failed as well.

I have taken this to mean that my motherboard is broken and that I am not overlooking anything.

Thank you for your help.

My Specs are:
Asus z87-Plus DDR3 1600 LGA 1150 Motherboard
Intel Core i7-4770 Quad-Core Processor
EVGA Supernova 750W Power Supply
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB Kit DDR3
WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Drive
EVGA GeForce GTX780

Suggest benchtop rebuild - which means everything out of the case and you build it back one or two components at a time. Start with motherboard w/ CPU heatsink and fan, PSU, and the manual. It should give you a beep error code that there is a RAM problem. Put in a stick of RAM and the beep error code should be bad video (you haven't put a video card in yet!!). So put in a video card - and hope you get a single beep (which means POST is ok)... this video will help...

So, tell us how it goes...maybe we get it working again.

Back