Computer stops working until I reboot

Hi. my laptop keeps crashing suddenly and I don't know why. I've tried running an anti virus and unistalling the programs I thought could be causing but it still crashes.

Define 'crash'. Blue screen of death? Freezes, then restarts? Black screen? Suddenly turns off?

..As before, define "stops working". You're honestly gonna have to be more specific, otherwise this could be anything.

..As before, define "stops working". You're honestly gonna have to be more specific, otherwise this could be anything.
Yes, it's quite hard for others to guess what happened with your computer. please be more specific with detail. Except for virus, it could also be software, hardware and operation system's problems. It could even be too many temporary files etc. . And you just need to do is doing some cleaning with you computer.
Hope it may helps you.

The computer doesn't show any warnings or errors, but sometimes, when I turn it on again it shows this:
"error 0271: check date and time settings
warning 0251: system CMOS checksum bad - default configuration used"

That's a BIOS issue.

What I'd usually do is go into the BIOS and load fail safe defaults and save and then reboot. If the error continues, I'd replace the BIOS battery and then go back into the BIOS and reload fail safe defaults and save and try again. IF that didn't help I'd wonder if there where broken parts on the motherboard. Motherboards do weird things when there are low level issues.

Have u got maleware bytes installed as I found I had same problem on one of my computers one day I uninstalled that program and worked fine since it seems to conflict with another program I had and cause it to keep freezing untill I reboot,,, just a guess

Back