Computer will not boot but fans and lights work

Hello I had a dell XPS Studios 435mt, and it was constantly over heating. My friend gave me his Thermaltake armor+mx case. I hooked everything up fine and tidy. The only wires I could not figure out where they go is the H.D.D Led and Reset sw wires from front of the case. With luck I got the Power Sw wire in the right spot. I even put the ram in the right spot. But now every time I press the power button all fans and lights start but no sound is heard from speakers and the monitor (which I tested on a different computer so I know it works) receives no signal. I have even tried to use the source button on my monitor. Also when I plug the speakers in there is a popping from them so I know that the speakers are working. I am completely lost and any help would be useful!

Specs
Intel core I7-920
4 GB of DDR3
512mb ATI Radeon 4850 HD video card
750GB SATA2 7200RPM hard drive
16X SATA DVD+/-RW
360watt PSU

The dell xps 435mt does have a multicard reader but I never used it so I didnt bother installing it in the new case.

Someone Please help me, ive been reading forms all yesterday and there are just so many problems that it could be.

I had a similar problem with a completely different machine, so whether or not this fix was sheer luck I can't say.

I removed the battery from the motherboard for a minute to clear the CMOS. Depending on your motherboard you can sometimes do this just by moving a jumper.
After that I powered the machine up, it loaded the default CMOS values and never had a problem again.

That was with an ASUS MX 2N SE PLUS mobo, which were renowned for being very picky about which DIMM slots you used and in which order, often requiring CMOS resets.

Worth a try I suppose.

Back