Computer will not pass logo screen

My computer crashed during a download of ITunes. I can still see the data when I hook it up as an external on my other computer. I have taken the motherboard out , changed battery , cleaned up and added new Psu. It booted right up and I was back in business. I updated the Win 8 and watched it install after restart. It now gets stuck on the serene logo and will not even let me go into bios. After the first restart before I updated it it would not let me click the update tab. It would just go back to my home screen . After I was able to get the updates installed it has never let me past the logo screen , it just stops there. I hope that's enough or not too much info. I am running Win 8 in an older MSI board with AMD Athlon X2. I have 3 gigs of memory if that helps. Thank you , I am lost at this point.

I guess, it's just funny how sometimes it will boot and then it won't. I'm also guessing I should not consider reinstalling win8 .

If the re-install of Windows fails, this might help determine if the hard drive is actually bad

Back