Computer will not turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently my computer will not restart/shutdown when I try to restart/shutdown it, so I have to resort to hard booting it. I just switched my 2wire modem to put my computer on DMZ mode, and in doing so I had to restart my computer for it to switch to this mode. I tried to restart but it didn't work, so I held the power button. Afterwards, I tried to turn the computer on and it did not respond. -_- A friend of mine told me to go to Best Buy's Geeksquad but I heard it was pricey, so I just went here first to try to knock this problem before moving further on.

Thanks

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+
3072MB Ram
500GB HD
NVIDIA Geforce 6150 SE
Windows Vista Home
HP Media Center PC

OK then. Take a look at Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test

Follow the instructions there especially the CMOS reset.

Post back with the results.

A friend of mine told me to go to Best Buy's Geeksquad but I heard it was pricey, so I just went here first to try to knock this problem before moving further on.

WE are the Geek squad...but better...and free...and dont overcharge you for something you dont need...Techspot rule :D

For entertainment, go to B B and watch those squad guys as they depart on a repair adventure. Then watch their revelry when they return. Then look at the prices they charge. We have never seen a squad bill for less than $150, and someone else too often had to finish what they started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back