Computer won't boot, faulty CPU or motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just put together a computer and it won't work. After connecting everything to the computer and i tried to turn it on it would turn on the power LED for about 1 second then turn off. I can see the power supply fan start to turn but then it just stops when the LED goes out. I have disconnected the fans, memory, HDD, DVD drive. the only thing connected is the processor and power and it did the same thing. I have tested the power supply with a power supply tester and that shows up to be just fine. when I take out the processor the light stays on just fine. when i put the processor back in it does it again. does this mean that the processor is dead or does it mean that there is a short or some kind of damage to the motherboard. the motherboard is refurbished so maybe it's not in the best shape?

You only really need the motherboard, CPU, PSU because it does it without the ram and there is no GPU

Abit NF-95 Socket 939/C51G/SATA2/A&V&L/MATX motherboard
AMD 3800+ CPU socket 939 CPU
Rosewill RV350 350W ATX 1.3 Power Supply

You need to have the cylinder looking things screw to the case, then put the mobo between those and the screws, I made the mistake of using only the screws and it won't start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back