Computer won't boot, not even in Safe Mode or anything, also tried reinstalling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on my computer (Windows XP Media Center Edition SP2) for an hour, after I was done using is I turned it off. I tried turning it on but the Windows loading screen was there for an hour! Tried again 3 time, then tried to go into safe mode and any other stuff.

I even tried reinstalling Windows. When I tried to boot from the Windows XP CD, the screen just went black. When I tried Windows Vista, I was staring at Windows Vista loading bar for an hour. What do I do?

And please guys, don't tell me to remove the hard drive or anything or telling me to get a slave drive...

Thanks in Advance!

Dell Dimension 8400
Windows XP SP2 w/Media Center 2005
Radeon x3000--I think
1 GB 3.12 mhz --- Dont remember good

Well, best suggestion then is trying to boot from a CD into Knoppix (an alternate operating system). If this fails you're pretty much forced to facing BIOS / hardware issues and removing that drive to recover your data.
See [post=766270]How to recover your folders/files when Windows won’t boot[/post]

You could try a few more times

I have seen on several occasions that waiting is a really good option as long as the computer is turned on. I had a problem like that with an Acer 5570 laptop and as soon as the fan came on, I was able to restart and boot. Check it out, there are several posts here annoyances-resolved.blogspot.com Sorry I couldn't give you a clickable link, I am new here.

Do you have the Dell Windows XP Media Center CD recover/restore disk available... It will be either a pale green or burnt orange color... in most cases.
We may suggest that you try a R for Repair if you have the Dell disk... If not, you can call Dell and they will send you one... provided you are the original owner of the Dell. Otherwise, you first need to register your name and address at Dell first.

The problem is with the registery files. I was unisntalling Fallout 3, then I accidently turned it off.

IT WILL NOT BOOT FROM: CD, DVD, HD, USB...tried the original XP dvd and Vista DVD...

Also will not boot in any mode... even if I change things in the BIOS.

ALL RETAIL AND GENUINE.

I'm getting a new computer soon, but still want this computer to work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back