Computer won't go into Standby

Status
Not open for further replies.

csba09

I'm trying to get my computer to go into standby mode, but everytime I try an error message comes up that says the "Logitech Driver Interface" device is preventing it from entering standby. I have a logitech G5 mouse, which is the only logitech device I have. I updated the driver, but it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

You didn't tell us the brand and model of your computer, nor the configuration, but since it is an error involving the mouse, the first test would be to try a different mouse.... if USB mouse, try a different USB ports

There is these days a tremendous attempt to update every peripheral to offer some distinguished 'add-on' value, like extra button functionality, to keyboards, mice etc,etc. I may be an old fuddy duddy, but I would bet my hair-shirt that 98% of that never gets used.

So your solution is - ask yourself 'Do I use any of the logitech speciality function to the point I could not do without them'? If the answer is NO, then uninstall the logitec driver, reboot and let Windows use it's own driver, which will work just fine.....

Thanks. I actually figured out that I was able to get it to enter standby by going into power options and switching the option from "home/office desk" to "always on". don't know why that made a difference, but it works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back