Computer WONT POST!

ok here is my problem. i have an old computer

900MHZ athlon
384MB RAM PC133
GeForce MX4000
psu 400W

And finally my problem. the computer ran good all the time but then it didnt start,i did everything cleared CMOS swapped ram ,bashed psu against the wall :D , EVERYTHING. then i gave up, put everything together and forgot about it, now this evening about 3weeks later i turned it on and it started ran everything OK, but then i turned it off with start, shutdown ,i turned it back on and i wont start again! All the fans are turning, lights are on, but no beep, and screen stays on standby.

Hi, How about if you leave it off for something like 15mins without power connected to the PSU...
Then try again.
Let us know what happens when you do that...
What is the mobo brand, is it a clone or a branded one...eg hp, dell or mercury, asrock...?

Hi, I tried what you suggested and didn't help. it seems very strange to me that the computer is dead all the time, and then works like nothing happened, i mean yesterday when i turned it on and it booted i left it running like for 6 hours i was playing Need for speed underground 2, gta san andreas, and other heavy load programs and it didn't even twitch, then i restarted it and it is dead again!

How old is your hardware? I'm guessing its quite old. Things just wear out after a while, the computer could just be dying.

i no the capacitor problem, i have fixed capacitors on video cards, but capacitors on this mother board seems ok, but to me it is strange that the computer starts up sometimes( randomly). but i will sure check the caps again though.

Back