Computer won't power on

Status
Not open for further replies.

krooklyn

Im hoping this is the right spot to post this issue. If not I apologize. The computer is a laptop. Toshiba Satellite M30 system unit model PSM30C-7101U. I am hoping for some suggestions on testing methods, to find out maybe by process of elimination what the problem is. I dont know if it is the battery, The power cord, or possibly something else that is causing this computer to not power up. Absolutely nothing happens when I hold the power button down. No lights, no sound, nothing. I have googled the problem in hopes to not have to bother anyone here for suggestions. But none of the suggestions worked. Suggestion 1 was that I remove the power cord, and battery, then hold down the power button for 20 seconds to drain any excess power. Then put the battry back in and plug it in. While this seemed to work for a lot of people, it was not the fix for me. They also suggested that I remove the battery but keep it plugged in to determine if it was something wrong with the electronics in the battery, but again nothing when I tried to power it on. So I guess I am just looking for any suggestions to get to the root of the problem so I can find out what needs to be replaced. Could it just be the battery itself, or the power cord, and how do I find this out. Thank you

i think you should try to take it to a service center...
u didnt happen to drop the laptop did you?

No I didnt drop it. Thanks for the suggestion, that will be a last resort for me. Any ideas on other things that can go besides the battery or power cord that could cause this? If the mother board goes would I still be able to see lights or anything that indicates it is running when I turn it on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back