Computer won't start at all

I have Gigabyte EX58-UD4P with 6g 1333 mhz ddr3 memory evga gtx 285 video card thermalake TR2 RX 650 W psu (which I just bought ).

Ok now the problem while playing Aion the computer just shut down on me and would not turn on. There are 2 lights on the motherboard that came on they are the overload Led's so I first thought it was my motherboard so I had it rma and since its local I picked it up and they said there was nothing wrong with the motherboard. So now I thought it had to be the psu so I bought the new psu from thermalakethat I mentioned above so after putting everything back I pushed the power button and the same overload led light come on but now I also get a red light from the sb voltage. So now I'm lost and hoping someone can direct me in the right direction cause its frustrating not being able to play.

Yes I can see that the motherboard has power but as soon as I hit the button to start the computer that's when the lights go on.

my suggestion is to reseat everything the cpu ram video card dvd drives everything check every connection twice over

yeah 650w should be great for that setup. np man just trying to help out i know redoing everything sucks but sometimes that's what it takes

Wow Woohoo I got it up and running after doing what u said klepto redoing everything I took everything out and started part by part and figured out it was my second hard drive.

Ok the computer is running but I still see the lights and now the CPU light is on and I checked the BIOS and the CPU temp is running at 94 temp wow so I turned it off to find a solution.

If you removed the heatsink/fan assembly from the CPU, you need to clean off the old thermal compound and reapply fresh compound. If you don't, you will tend to get overheating of the CPU.

yeah sorry glad that worked yeah thermal paste is a must man sorry i had to take my gf to the hospital just got back on.

Np hope she's ok....but you were right redo everything part for part. Stupid hard drive :) again than you for all your help!

Back