Computer won't start up - HP DV 6700 or 6810

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all...I tried everything possible doing all the research on the net as possible and seeking HP tech support. Basically, my laptop won't start anymore. When I startup the computer, it just abruptly shuts down after 2-minutes. I tried reseating the RAM, the Hard drive, other things HP told me but all to no avail.

I am not exactly what is wrong with it but it seemed to have the same identical problem as this link: w ww.laptoprepair101.com/laptop/2006/07/05/laptop-turns-on-and-shuts-down/

I have basically given up I think...I had one of these sent in when I had my warranty and HP supposedly fixed it. My whole life is on this computer. I was thinking of getting another comp if I can't fix this (I don't know what is wrong with it?) but what would happen to all the valuable materials and software on it? I have the hard drive still? Is there a device they sell I can hook up my hard drive as an external hard drive if I plugged it in with a device or something?

Thank you so much for reading my bantering message but I hope someone can give me some insight and what they think is wrong. It is weird; it just starts up and shuts down. Thanks again for any of your assistance and time beforehand..!

How old is the hard drive? How well cooled is the machine?
Please tell us a lot more about the configuration.

The hard drive? It is less than 2-years old and I don't know how well cooled the machine is right now but before it would sometimes overheat (I used it a lot) but it is a 3 GB memory of RAM with 160 GB memory so hopefully that helps a little...please let me know if you need any other information or details

Sometimes hard drives go bad for no good reason. Western Digital, Seagate, and Toshiba drives are reliable. But I cannot say the same for Samsung, Maxtor, Hitachi, TriGem, and the Korean brands.

Do not exclude the driver from your search just because it is relatively new. Test it as though it may be bad.

Is there a device they sell I can hook up my hard drive as an external hard drive if I plugged it in with a device or something?
To answer your question: Yes. You can buy an external USB enclosure for the hard drive at your local computer store. Remove the drive from PC, put it in the enclosure and then connect the drive over a USB port to another computer

laptops do have thermal protection circuits. If you have had heating issues, that could be an issue. ?Has the laptop been cleaned internally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back