Computer wont turn on after attempt to clear cmos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my name is Viviana...

I had set my password in BIOS awhile back. And I had forgotten it. I needed to format my hard drive because of an intense accumulation of viruses. I tried everything... the default password for phoenix... nothing worked. I even removed the battery on the motherboard. Still nothing. I shut the computer off but leaving it connected thru just the wires on back... Then I googled for directions on what to do next. I played around with the wires but not really touching or moving much... then I downloaded the manual for micro star msi 7211 from the manufacturer. It told me to look close to the battery. And don't quote me exactly I'm on my android phone.... it told me to lift the plastic like piece from the 3 jumpers I think, I'm not sure of the name. But they are 3 little spikes... so I did that and went to turn it on. No response. Nothing would turn on. I really hope maybe I did something wrong any my motherboard IS NOT FRIED. Can anyone please tell me Wats goin on here

First of all what you did was pull the jumper that is used to reset the BIOS password so it sounds like you have done the right thing.

Around the jump (little plastic piece) there should be printed on the board PASS RESET or BIOS RESET or something of the like. Alot of times you have to pull the jumper, cycle the power, then put the jumper back.

Did you put the jumper back on?

After you cycle the power with the jumper off, (it most likely will not show anything on the screen) shut if off, put the jumper back in place and it should boot up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back