Computer wont turn on with power switch but there is power going through it?

Last night my computer blue screened about 3 times then it just stopped turning on altogether. Wheni plug the power supply into the motherboard the neon fan turns on for a milisecond but that seems to be the only way that i can tell that there's power going to the motherboard.

I've tried 4 different power supplies, different processor, different BIOS batteries, different RAM, etc, but no matter how many times i try to turn it on it just wont turn on.

I do recall doing something innthe BIOS last night which seemed to start this dilemer. I went into power management and did something to the power switch option, then set everything back to default settings.

This is when things started to happen then my pc just wouldn't turn on at all.

It's a socket939 MSI CoreCell.

Could something i did in the BIOS really be causing this problem and is there a way to fix it?

Like i said there does seem to be power going to the motherboard but it simply wont turn on (i even tried different power switches just in case..@

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to buy another 939 motherboard as most shops don't cell them any more and it means i'd have to buy a new processor too.

If it is a BIOS setting, removing the CMOS battery for a few minutes should clear it. Since you've already changed the battery more than once, it would seem that is not the problem. Considering what you already tried, it might be the motherboard itself or possibly the graphics card but my money is on the motherboard. Just to be sure do you have another graphics card to test with?

Back