Connect WiMax wireless (Zylex) with my Belkin N wireless router

Hi all,
I just connected with WiMax, problem is I have the wimax wireless router in the house(all good).

But my office is in the garage! I was hoping to run an ethernet cable from WiMax Zylex router to my Belkin Wireless Router.

Is this the way to go about, sharing my internet connection? Also can anyone
give me any pointers on how to go about doing this.

cheers,
LiverKing.

I am no expert but will try to help. If I have understood you correctly, you only require the one router.
If the router in the house is a wireless router and your computer in your office is equipped for Wi-fi you could connect wirelessly. You will need the access code for the router when you try to connect. I think it will be a WEP or a WPA PSK code.
Otherwise run a ethernet cable from your house router to your office and connect it direct to your office computer (not too a second router) This is probably the safest method anyway if you do not need wireless.
You will then need to set up a network by going to "Control Panel" and clicking on "Network Setup Wizard" and following the instructions.
Hope that is of some help to you.

I am no expert but will try to help. If I have understood you correctly, you only require the one router.
If the router in the house is a wireless router and your computer in your office is equipped for Wi-fi you could connect wirelessly. You will need the access code for the router when you try to connect. I think it will be a WEP or a WPA PSK code.
Otherwise run a ethernet cable from your house router to your office and connect it direct to your office computer (not too a second router) This is probably the safest method anyway if you do not need wireless.
You will then need to set up a network by going to "Control Panel" and clicking on "Network Setup Wizard" and following the instructions.
Hope that is of some help to you.

Thanks for reply 1902Danny. I have a wireless(wimax) working in the house, this is what I want. But i also want to setup my belkin wireless device in the garage.(sharing the wimax signal) Yes I want this to be wireless as well. If possible. cheers

Back