Connected to wireless internet but can not surf the web

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am new to TechSpot and seeking for much needed help to repair my computer's wireless network. I have an HP Pavilion dv2000 and I am currently connected to a wireless internet. The status bars are full but I can not surf the web. It keeps giving me the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." Please help.

Evdw

It appears to be an installation issue. What is your wireless system, and how do you know it is installed properly? Give details.
The fix is probably more than can be explained on this site. Setting up a wireless modem and card are not rocket science, but they vary by model. The setups can be wildly different. Search the Gurgle by brand and model, and for "how to..."

Hi raybay
Thanks for being willing to help but it appears I solved the problem. I right clicked on Wireless Internet Connection (Network Connections), selected Properties and under the General bar I double clicked Internet Protocols and selected obtain IP Address and DNS Automatically and then it worked. It was a matter of not receiving packets which I had to fix.
Thanks though,
Greeting,
elbertvdw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back