Connectify Dispatch merges all of your Internet connections into one

Shawn Knight

Staff member

A new piece of software that promises to boost your Internet connection speed and reliability is now available for download. Connectify Dispatch is able to combine a wired Ethernet connection, a Wi-Fi connection and signals from 3G and 4G wireless modems to create a seamless data link that balances the load across all methods, according to the founders.

Connectify Inc. describes the end result as a super connection since users are able to utilize the combined speed of all connections. Furthermore, in the event that one or more of your connections are spotty, the software will switch to the most reliable connection should one of your links drop.

According to the press release, there doesn’t appear to be any limit to the number of various connections that can be used at once. CEO Alex Gizis points out that some hardware routers can aggregate certain types of connections but that such devices are hard to use and can cost thousands of dollars. With Connecfity Dispatch, anyone can use load-balancing technology with a simple-to-use interface.

The software is a result of a successful Kickstarter campaign that wrapped up in September. The project earned more than $100,000 which allowed them to revamp the user interface. They were able to launch the software on time thanks to help from numerous backers that offered feedback and beta testing.

Connectify offers a lifetime package that includes Connectify Dispatch and Hotspot PRO for just $89. If you’d rather give it a try before committing long-term, pricing starts at $70 for access to both programs for a full year.

Permalink to story.

Nice. I always wondered about this with laptops. I was hoping it was possible to use a wire connection together with a wireless one for better speeds

Very nice idea, and because of being able to use ethernet too, you shouldn't worry about latency if you didn't worry before.

Connectify one of the best apps I have ever used it simply just works. ill pay double the money they're offering for it.

I dont understand. I'm wired in to my Linksys wireless router, so if I have wireless on my desktop here, does that mean that I could use two different connections from my linksys, and somehow this will be better?

Maybe in this instance it does not really help. I just dont see how getting a wired and wireless connection from the same device; same connection, to be beneficial in any way.

Is it possible to connect the out put of dispatch through a wired connection to another system?

Back