Connecting to wifi from Toshiba Satellite A505

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new Toshiba Satellite A505 laptop, and am trying to connect to wifi, but often can't get connected, and often can't even see my home network on Available Networks. When I do see my network, I am getting an excellent signal, but still can not connect sometimes.
Router is a Linksys WRT160N. The Toshiba is Windows 7 Home Premium. Any thoughts?

I know I am having serious issues with my netbook and my wireless network. I can't figure out how to fix it, except to go downstairs and reset my wireless router. My work laptop and others connect just fine, it's only a problem with my netbook.

Have you tried resetting the router and see if it connects right away?

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

I have a new Toshiba Satellite A505 laptop, and am trying to connect to wifi, but often can't get connected, and often can't even see my home network on Available Networks. When I do see my network, I am getting an excellent signal, but still can not connect sometimes.
Router is a Linksys WRT160N. The Toshiba is Windows 7 Home Premium. Any thoughts?
did you try the Wireless Network Wizard or the Toshiba ConfigFree tool?

I had that problem even tried resetting reinstalling drivers and nothing helped. Was suggested
that I goto download.com and install Atheros AR5005G Wireless Network Adapter . I did and it works great. You need to down load and install it. once installed click on profile mangement and scan. Then a window will popup and you need to name it.Then actavite it. it should work for you.

Thanks for the information

I appreciate the responses. To answer them:

I did reset the router, and this time, it seems to have done the trick. I am getting connected immediatly, and do not drop my connection.

I did previously try the Wireless Network Wizard, to no avail, but had not tried the Toshiba ConfigFree site. I will try that if the problem returns.

I have not uploaded drivers yet. If the problem returns, and other fixes do not work, I will use that approach.

Again, thanks for the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back