Connection of Router to Switch and also a Hub to Switch - N/W systems internet share

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am a new Networking BEE I had built a small network of 20 systems at my office and there I had connected a switch and router.

All the switch ports have been covered by all the systems and one port is given to the router
switch(20)----router(LAN)
|
|
|
HUB(8ports)

And also I connected a HUB to the switch ..

It works fine for my internet connections to all the systems but how do i make authentication of passwords and username to my network systems from one server which I use server 2003 at one system

let me know the detailed step by step procedure to build.........

I would feel very happy If at all any Suggestions for me to make my Business grow.....

As early as possible ................

Thanks in Advance

Smiles....[:)][:)]

>>I use server 2003 at one system

you need to enable Network Login, but that requires that win2003 have
  • a domain controller
  • a DHCP service
  • and a DNS service.
the Domain Controller is just another name for LDAP and it becomes the control point
for all systems.

get some books on Configuring Win2003 Server

well TechSpot Evangelist jobeard, maybe you can help me with my situation ....
My router/switch is all set up on my machines in location 1 & I have a remote machine in location 2 that I need to be able to access from location 1. What do I need to do so this will work?

And secondly, I'm thinking of using Real VNC software. Anyone with any experience with that?

Access to Remote Location(s) is a VPN issue. VNC is ok, but other programs are
reportedly better.
Code:
location#1 ... internet ... location#2
Client systems at say location#1 can VPN into location#2, but while connected to it,
will not be able to access resources at location#1 (eg other local shares, printers, or the local ISP and Email).

This is a security issue which is solved by forcing all network traffic across the VPN
connection.

For quick access:
get vpn connection
do some work
drop the vpn connection​
this works well, but if you need both
local and remote access for hours at a time, you're out of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back