Connection Reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorrow

Hey, I don't know if this is actually the right place to post this but blah...for the past week all 3 of the browsers I have on my computer won't even load 1 page. FireFox saids Connection Interrupted - The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading - The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

I'm no network wiz, but I find it odd since I don't touch my network settings..or at least I believe so. I also have 3 other computers on my network but they all work fine, If anyone can shed some light on what might be wrong, I would be grateful.

Are you using Firefox v3.0.3? I ask because I've been having the same problem since I upgraded. Have use FF for several years without this problem. I haven't been able to determine whether it's Firefox or my wireless connection at fault, so having cable checked Monday. There are no Errors in the Event Viewer that pins this down.

all 3 of the browsers
This sounds more like the ISP is losing your internet connection intermittently. Give the a call.

I think my firefox verson is 3.01. And I don't know if the losing connection is might be the case, because I can go on AIM, Xfire, play games and the sort. But I Just can't get a connection to the browsers, And I forgot to say, I'm on a wired connection

Check for spyware!

If all of the web browsers can't load, then it's the Internet connection.

Have you checked for spyware? I recommend the following 3 anti-spyware utilities (all available in the Download section at this site):

• AVG 8
  • Ad-Aware 2008
  • Spybot Search & Destroy

Repost with results.

Best,
-- Andy

Sorrow, if the same thing is happening on all three browsers, it's not Firefox. It indicates the server problem I mentioned. Tell me please, when you launch any one of the browsers, are you able to load the homepage, or is the 'connection interrupted' every time on each browser.

Additionally, how do you access the games you play? And what security programs do you have on the system? Have you updated and scanned with them recently? This is a generic question because it should always be checked.

Funny cause I scanned with all of those already >< I guess it doesn't hurt to rescan.

I cannot even load the homepage, security programs well AVG 8.0 is probably my only one that I think has an active protection. For the games, (CSS, Crysis Wars, Eve Online mostly) I just connect normally. I couldn't update AVG since it started to get the "Interruptions" but I have scanned with Spybot, and AVG, Ad-Aware (Even though 2 of them are seriously obsolete since I don't update SpyBot and Adaware regular)

P.S I noticed that Eve Online's browsers, and the Ad slides can't even get the articles Ingame, Plus I can't connect to servers that require me to Download new material on CSS, And on AIM I can't load the Ads on the Buddy Profile pages.

Actually, don't bother with the resscanning. If it didn't find them the first time, it won't find them the next.

Try restarting to Safe Mode with Networking and see if you get web access there.

Repost with results.

Best,
-- Andy

OK, making progress here. This means it's something on your PC and not the ISP.

Restart to Normal Mode and you need to check your background programs, see if one of them is blocking your web access. Try disabling one and check for web access. Good candidates are programs like Skype, ... Also, try disconnecting any optional devices.

Repost with results.

-- Andy

Sorry, just re-read one of your previous posts and you admitted you didn't check for updates for Ad-Aware and Spybot. You ALWAYS check for updates for anti-virus/anti-spy utilities. It's amazing how much new, offending spyware is coming out all the time!

Update your anti-spyware utilities and run scans again.

Repost with results.

-- Andy

I disabled both AVG's Link Scanner, and the Web Shield, and it allowed me to access the Internet again. >.>

It's the Web Shield. You must be using the commerical version of AVG. Any reason for that?

Best,
-- Andy

Please check the Event Viewer and see if there is any Error that corresponds with either the 'connection interrupted' or failed to connect' messages:

Start> Run> cmd> type in eventvwr
Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
Click to open the log> look for the Error> right click on the Error> Properties> Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow and Paste here (Ctrl V)

Please ignore Warnings and Information Events and do not copy the entire Event log. While you are in Safe Mode, you drivers aren't going to load so you will be seeing Events with descriptions 'failed to boot'. If this is when you are in Safe Mode, followed by the driver name, ignore it. Look for Error while you were in Normal More.

Yes! :D It works!, And I have the commercial version because a friend of mine offered me it. Now I just need to apply that update fix =]

I'd recommend you switch the the personal AVG. It's free and it's really all you need. The extra features of the commercial version are really not important (unless you're running a business over the Internet.)

-- Andy

I have a very similar problem and the solution didn't work for me.I don't think mine is ISP related because it's only on my frequent websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back