Constant and random BSOD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tifc8lraz

Hi,

I've been experiencing a progressively increasing amount of BSOD's. It first started while running games, and now happens for no obvious reason. Today there were about 9 of them (in a 1hour time slot).

I have listed 3 of them (the files were 69kb too large for the attachment system).

one
two
three

We need to know more about your system...
Often it is the thermal paste is too thick or too thin...
First thing to do is to go to Start->Control Panel->System->System Properties->Advanced->Startup and Recovery->System Startup->System Failure-> and uncheck the box for automatic restart.

That will enable your system to report the errors and error messages... then you can use Gurgle to search for more info on the errors.
Often it is bad thermal paste, bad memory module, cpu fan that is failing, failing hard drive, bad component in a PCI slot..... but it could be anything and that will mean spending a lot of time trouble shooting.
I would also run the Free MemTest for four hours or 7 passes, whichever is longer... one module at a time... so you are looking at a day or more to test the memory.
Keep notes of all that you try.

We need to know more about your system...
Often it is the thermal paste is too thick or too thin...
First thing to do is to go to Start->Control Panel->System->System Properties->Advanced->Startup and Recovery->System Startup->System Failure-> and uncheck the box for automatic restart.

That will enable your system to report the errors and error messages... then you can use Gurgle to search for more info on the errors.
Often it is bad thermal paste, bad memory module, cpu fan that is failing, failing hard drive, bad component in a PCI slot..... but it could be anything and that will mean spending a lot of time trouble shooting.
I would also run the Free MemTest for four hours or 7 passes, whichever is longer... one module at a time... so you are looking at a day or more to test the memory.
Keep notes of all that you try.

The issue is that this never happened on XP, Vista, or my previously formatted Windows 7 copy (same disk)(formatted a few days ago), so I highly doubt this would be a hardware issue.

I am running on the default Radeon 2900PRO Windows driver, and the original sound driver (seeing as Foxconn's audio drivers are corrupted after download).

My computer does run a bit warm, but nothing that has caused the system to overheat (I have a shutoff temp).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back