Constant BSODs. Coincidence?

Cicsera

Hello,

I'm suffering from constant BSoDs, as the title states. Usually, the error message references "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". Other times, it varies to different error messages that don't even tell me anything.

This is a homebuilt computer that I recently finished, so all the hardware was installed at one time. I've updated the drivers to my video card and updated the BIOS on my motherboard.

If it's significant, I was looking through the only dmp file I have since I reinstalled w7 (Again.) It's referencing "dxgmms1.sys" as the problem, which is apparently from Microsoft, but for DirectX. The only reason I mention this is because when I tried installing a game to test the bsod, it wouldn't instally DX9 because of an internal system error. Coincidence?

Here is my system:
Windows 7 x64
MSI 870-G45 AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
ZOTAC AMP! ZT-50402-10L GeForce GTX 550 Ti
(Let me know if more details are needed, please.)

Go ahead and attach that lone minidump file. Also, how much RAM do you have installed and what is the make? Does the memory voltage in the BIOS match the memory specs of the manufacture?

I used to have four gigs of ram. The brand is G.Skill Ripjaws, DDR3. I started running off of one of my sticks (2 gigs each) because I thought that one of them was bad. Ran memtest on both, they're fine. Strangely, after taking one of the sticks out, the bsods decreased dramatically.

As far as the voltage, I have no idea on how to go about verifying that. I do know that the ram sticks run off of 1.5 v.

I will research the voltage thing and try to post back if you don't explain it to me before I find out. I will also try to upload that dmp file from my other machine.

Here is a text file, because it wouldn't let me upload the dmp file.

Update: Okay, I bite. I can't figure out the voltage in BIOS. How would I go about checking that?

Attachments

• dmp.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 1
Okay, your error code is 0xD1 and these are usually caused by faulty drivers. In the dump text the Nvidia driver nvlddmkm.sys was cited as not being able to load. I suggest doing the following...

1. Download Driver Sweeper free version to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Sweeper and remove ONLY the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Okay, so I'm back after a bit of tinkering. After I got frustrated with the computer, I ended up taking it in to get fixed. They told me it was a bad video card. I replaced it with one that was much better (nvidia geforce gtx 560 ti).

Sadly, the problems are still persisting. The BSoDs are still changing around and giving me inconsistent results. I resorted to formatting my hard drive and reinstalling Windows 7 (x64). I have installed a wireless broadband usb adapter driver and nothing else. The blue screens are still persisting. On the up side, now I am finally getting dmp files again. I will upload them.

Attachments. Need more? I have about two more.

Attachments

• 062611-13821-01.zip
    22.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 062611-15022-01.zip
    21.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 062611-16364-01.zip
    27.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 062611-18579-01.zip
    22.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 062611-19952-01.zip
    24 KB · Views: 0
Cicsera, please do me the favor of placing your minidumps in one Zip file and I will read them for you. Thanks. :)

The error code 0x3B was consistently cited as the cause of your issue. The files did not cite a particular cause but these errors are often due to faulty video drivers.

The other error code that was repeated is 0x24 which can point to harddrive issues. What make is your harddrive?

It's a caviar blue western digital, 640 gb. I let the computer do a disk check at one point to check for bad sectors, but I don't know if that helped.

I don't understand the video driver part. I haven't even installed the latest ones yet, and before my recent reinstall of windows, when I did have the latest one, it still gave me issues.

Do you think there may be more than one problem with my hardware?

Back