Constant 'dry noise' coming from speakers?

BlackScarlet

I just reformatted and reinstalled windows, totally updated all my drivers and everything is like it was before -- no change in hardware configuration either, but now I notice a buzzing/scratchy noise coming from my speakers all of the time.

Under inspection of the volume board, I see that under Realtek Audio output, the entry "Front" is the one controlling this sound, when I lower the volume the sound goes away. However, all other sound is lowered too.

I don't know what this problem could be since I never have experienced it before and I did not do any hardware changes that could have resulted in any kind of wiring issues.

Try getting the latest driver from the manufacturer of the sound card, or if its onboard sound, from the motherboard makers website.

A small side fact here about this, Leeky's recommendation will probably fix this issue, if it hasn't fixed it already. But about every 6 months or so I unplug all the speaker jacks out of my sound card, and with a small cotton ball, with just a little dab of rubbing alcohol, I clean off the jack plug. The chemicals off peoples hands, dust, dirt, and dander and anything else that might be able to get in the way of a decent connection will make for similar issues.

Just something to think about! :)

Nothing to do with soundcard

It may have nothing to do with the soundcard. It could probably on a ground cable of your audio system which is loose. Try another speakers. If the buzzing sound persist, check the input jack terminals for loose connections. I see it as a grounding problem.

Back