Constant freeze up in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbonniwell

hello,
I am having freeze up problems shortly after I get to my desk top. From a cold start I have about 5 min till it freezes. It will freeze in safe mode also.
I keep the insides free of dust bunnies. I cleaned out using air. all the fans are running fine
If it freezes up the mouse and keyboard are rendered useless and I have to hit the power switch to shut off. It will not boot up again soon after shutting down. I have to wait a while to get the 5 min time once on Desk top. However there are times I get the BSOD
I have unpluged everything except mouse and keyboard and still the same. I also did the defrag, virus and CCleaner maint but that too no help.

I am running vista
Bad Axe mother board by Intel
4 gb corsair ram
e6600 cpu
BFG 8800 Gts video card

I am not sure where to go from here, can anyone help?
Thanks

Have you installed any software that may have causewd this?
If you get the BSOD's could you post the dumpfiles so somebody could look at them to try and figure it out for you? They usually request the last 5 so it gives them something to compare with.
I.m not sure about Vista, in XP they are located in "\WINDOWS\Minidump"

I have installed one update from MS, a "Play_MP3" and a Logicool mouse program.
I have deleted the MP# and the mouse program already
here is a BSOD I got

I am running vista
Bad Axe mother board by Intel
4 gb corsair ram
e6600 intel cpu
BFG 8800 Gts video card

Here is a BSOD message I got while attempting to do a restore; 0x0000001E (0xFFFFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFE893FC, 0x00000000000000, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I could be missing an F or ) in the attempt to copy by hand

Thanks

Thanks, but just telling us "0x0000001E" won't help. From that all I can suggest is to update your system (priority and non-priority).
Aside from that, you'll need to post your dump files.;)

I have the mind dumps

Please see attachments
AI have attached 2 separate mind dumps
The BSOD continues even though I did a Vista repair. I took out the ram and tested by running the system one by one and the system worked great for about5 a day, then the bsod problems came back. and I have the same problem with freezes and bsod.
Any hope for this system? I am out of answers

The forum will not take my attachments because each are 279KB and there is only a 200KB limit, now what do I do?

The forum will not take my attachments because each are 279KB and there is only a 200KB limit, now what do I do?

Try compressing them; selext all dumos (or maybe 1 at a time) right click and 'send to' [compressed "zipped" folder]. Post the zip files.;)

I have 3 dump files and a CPUZ file uploaded

Please see the zip files of the mini dumps and i throw in a CPUZ dump files also to help out.
Today
I removed the ram in the 4th slot furthest from CPU and got a BSOD as normal I did before
then
I removed the ram in the 2nd slot and replaced it with the Ram that was in the 4th slot and so far so good. the Ram in the 4th slot is the newest of all

I looked in Hardware manager and saw a yellow ! for SATA controller.
It is asking about a driver.
I have a new DVD drive and the HDD pluged into the sata plugs on the Mobo.
Also I have another DVD drive still plugged into the ATA on the Mobo. I am not sure if this makes any difference

I don't do the dump files. Not everyone can open and read these files.

But from the information you have given:
0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: error message indicates that an error condition was detected by the kernel and Windows NT was unable to continue running because of this error condition.

The bug check identifies an error that occurred in a section of code where no error handling routines exist. Please see How to Troubleshoot a "STOP 0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" Error Message on this Microsoft Support Site.

This should help you zone in on the particular driver:
I looked in Hardware manager and saw a yellow ! for SATA controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back