Constant Freezing and Disk Errors

DivAnder

Hi guys,
So basically I'll boot up my desktop and if it makes it to the Windows desktop screen, then after about 10-30 minutes of use, it freezes and the speakers let out a high frequency sound. No BSOD though. The only way to stop it is to power it down.
The chances of making it to Windows is about 25% of the time, with the other 75% of attempts not getting that far. Usually it will either freeze when auto-detecting drives (on the bios loadup screen) or it will get past that and I'll get the "Disk read error occurred" message (which was the result the last time I tried to use it.
This has been going on for a while now, so if anyone can solve it that'd be great. I've used various other techniques and followed other forum posts to no avail.

Ps. I only seemed to notice problems when I upgraded my graphics card and power supply, but I'm not entirely convinced that would cause disk read errors.

[FONT=Arial]Specs[/FONT]
CPU: AMD Phenom 955 (Quad Core, 3.2Ghz, Not OC'ed)
RAM: 8GB Mushkin DDR3
MOBO: ASRock 880g Extreme 3
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120GB Sata3 SSD (OS is on here)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
PSU: Corsair CX750 750W
GFX: [FONT=Arial]ASUS HD7770 CARD 2GB GDDR5[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]SOUND CARD: [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Xtreme Gamer[/FONT]

When I get home from work, I will put my old power supply back in and try it.
I'll post the results later (y)

OK, wired up my old power supply. My computer froze after 5 mins of use and now won't get past the BIOS loading screen

Put the new power supply back in. Is the boot SSD set on a SATA 3 port and is the bios set to AHCI?

Keep and eye on this Seagate Barracuda 2TB they have issues. Got one on the floor not even 6 months old less than that! Failed. Caused all sorts of BSOD! Replaced out of pocket with WD Blue 64MB Cache TB issue gone..

Back