Constantly freezing computer, abnormally slow speeds

Miles1226

Hi there. Just yesterday my desktop started to experience random freezes and check disk errors on startup. When I do manage to get it to start, it would take for ever to open any type of program. Tolerating the sluggish computer, I tested opening few programs one at a time. Needless to say, the computer would freeze and I would have to hard reset. After Tue reset the computer would do one of 2 things. It would either go e me the check dis error or it would start up and freeze part way. Oddly enough. I have yet to get q blue screen. But I'm really irrataed about how it suddenly started being slow. My buddies said the hard drive is dying but I want to believe it is something else. It's gotten so slow I'm actually typing this from my smart phone. I hope there's some kind of fix to this. Sorry for the trouble, thanks in advance for any help.

I agree with magic back up all your stuff and replace hard drive .have u got another one u could put windows on and try . that way u will know for sure then

I have one on the way in the mail. I'd love to back everything up but its gotten to a point where I can't even get to the log in screen 9 out of 10 times.

If u had some serious stuff that you didnt want to lose u could take out the drive use it as external drive so you can get your stuff off ..im sure you can but magic might knowmore

Back