Contrast 100 Problem. No help from gooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

levi1018

Hi today my sis was on the computer and when i came on the computer there was a grey box in the middle of the screen Saying Contrast (then a bar) and underneath that, 100 all in red. It looks like one of those options when you use one on the buttons on your moniter. But i tried to press exit and menu on my moniter but nothing happened so i restarted the computer and the same thing was there so i restarted the moniter it self but it came up instantly as if it were coming from the pc. this led me to believe it was some type of malware. please help me (google was no help) and it is a real bother because it blocks the screen and also if it means anything my mouse moves underneath the boox not over it.

there were a few things on google but no replies to those people. and spybot detects nothing here.
help please,
levi

I don't think witches or other gouls will help you :) (Oh Googling!)

Anyway, if you restart your computer and either go to the Bios setup menu (usually by pressing DEL or some other noted key, in the first few seconds of power up) does the same "contrast" menu still appear?

If so, then it must be your monitor (likely Monitor, not computer)
If not, then if possible, you will need to follow the New Preliminary Removal Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back