Correct mobo for CPU!

Qmark

Hi guys , i just wanted to make sure that i am Buying right thing that will fully provide me ! since this Mobo has No onboard card it will be Greater option because i will run 6870 on it & i dont want any other ADDITIONAL thing on it ! & i want this mobo to let 6870 & phenom 965 BE , be fully Unlocked & do 100% great with no Bottleneck & great road for Speed Transfer from whole hardwares !

the mobo is : AMD 890 FX

i found this one too : ASRock 890FX DELUXE3 , but since ASROCK doesnt make High Quality mobos then i am not sure it will be great option ! greater than AMD 890 FX !

Oh man its seem that no GIGA mobo support i5 760 , they support i5 750 & 750S , but i found ASUS mobo that supports 760 , but i saw a guy that had installed i5 760 on GA P55A UD3 ( which doesnt support i5 760 , it only support i5 750 & 750S ) but in specification it mentioned i5 series , & then he Could run i5 760 on that mobo ,

so can you say whats wrong here ?

The 890FX is an AMD-only chipset, so it doesn't support Intel CPUs. You'd need an H55 or a P55 chipset motherboard to run an i5 chip.

Also, CPU support varies depending on BIOS versions.

I'd recommend the Gigabyte GA-P55 and the MSI P55 motherboards.

Oh man its seem that no GIGA mobo support i5 760 , they support i5 750 & 750S , but i found ASUS mobo that supports 760 , but i saw a guy that had installed i5 760 on GA P55A UD3 ( which doesnt support i5 760 , it only support i5 750 & 750S ) but in specification it mentioned i5 series , & then he Could run i5 760 on that mobo ,

so can you say whats wrong here ?

I was thinking you wanted support for an AMD Phenom 965, because thats what you said in your opening post right?

Anyways, i agree with Rage_3K_Moiz. The Gigabyte P55's are top boards...It's what i'll probably be gunning for in the future i think, one of them.

The first thing that crossed my mind when i read this thread was this, "WTF is this guy talking about"? That said, the "first responders" deserve credit for being able to decipher a bunch of gibberish.

Well my sentiments lean toward the OP buying the AMD board, and installing the i5-760 with a ball peen hammer.

Lacking the initiative for that, try reading this page at Gigabyte; http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=3439 Plainly stated is that the Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 supports the Core i5-760, provided the BIOS version is F-8, (or better).

Well my sentiments lean toward the OP buying the AMD board, and installing the i5-760 with a ball peen hammer.

:haha:

The not so good part is the mouthful of tea on my keyboard now.. I should learn to read your posts before drinking anything!! :(

But when i was searching in P55 mobos i saw that all of them Support i5 series , & i saw in the List that i5 750 & i5 750S is max that these mobos can support from i5 series , so i5 760 is not in list !

what can i do ?

i choosed GA P55A UD3 & GA p55 Usb3

non of them have i5 760 in theire list !

i want CPU on Mobo with no OC , flashing Problems & troubles . so give me right dirrection !

Please??????

The i5 core 760 is a relatively new CPU, and replaces the i5 Core 750. Its possible that the motherboard manufacturers haven't updated the approved CPU lists yet. I would suggest choosing a couple you like, and then contacting them to find out if support is offered or not for the i5 core 760.

Oh man in your Link : http://www.gigabyte.com/support-down....aspx?pid=3439

it says that it supports i5 760 , but i saw in other Site that says i5 760 is not in list only i5 750 !!

site is this : http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/index.html

i searched for GA P55A UD3 & USB 3 & both doesnt have i5 760 in theire list !

Ok, just to scrape my small reputation up here.

I gave that link (cpu-upgrade) because i thought you we're talking about a Phenom ( roughly 2 year old processor). The guy who runs that site obviously ain't as fast to update it as Gigabyte or whatever, it's mainly for use with oldish boards and processors.

I think now that special forces have moved in, i might get the hell outa here. lol :wave::D

Back