Corrupted drive C: help

Status
Not open for further replies.
computer wizards,

I killed my computer! i tried to reformat it to install fresh xp...i wanted to clean up my computer, hoping all the viruses which virus scan couldn't clean would be erased. i'm not actually good with computers. i just pressed my luck and i guess i don't have one. my son likes to download internet games which i believe was the reason it got corrupted. when i was reinstalling xp, this is what the computer said :

"set up has determined that drive C: is corrupted and can't be repaired"

i was hoping somebody would help me out, so that i don't have to bring it to the shop and save some money. i don't want to carry the whole cpu coz it's too big for my baby fats...Pls help me out! Anybody? Thank you in advance.

Hi klitxl

Installing Windows is just doing a few easy steps

1. Place the Windows Setup disc in the drive
2. Start your computer up
3. Boot from the Windows setup disc
4. Allow all the initial drivers to load up
5. At the prompt that says Partition, select remove partition (it uses letters like L to delete)
6. Once the partition is removed, just continue on with setup (the drive will be formatted automatically)
7. Follow the prompts as you go (username; CD key etc)

That's about it :)

Mind you once Setup completes you will need to install all your drivers, located at your computer's support webpage
Then you will need to update all Windows service packs and security updates
Then you can finally re-install any programs; Antivirus or printer software, things like that

Does that sound easy or hard to you?

thank u, kimsland...

thanks for the help and time...knowing somebody listens up simply brings out the goodness in it. more power to u...

Did you try removing the Partition (not format)? (as described)

If removing the Partition (software corruption) did not fix the fault
Then it may be best to replace the Harddrive
There are Diagnostic tests for this as well, but if the above doesn't work, then it must be a hardware fault :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back