Corsair 850w ax850 Problem

wastedkill

Ok so I bought the corsair 850w ax850 from scan a few days ago and it doesn't work at all my pc doesn't boot up the motherboard "P8Z77-V PRO/THUNDERBOLT (LGA1155)" LED doesn't show to say its "alive" pc doesn't even start up not even a little flick on the fans, but my old PSU the one I was using on my old motherboard works fine as I am using the pc with it.

Now here's whats making me confused I tested the corsair PSU on a friends pc same thing didn't work but I RMAed it to scan and they said its been tested works fine... so is scan lying to me or is there a comparability issue or..?

Also a off-topic question I googled about adding a waterblock to my EVGA 660 would it invalid my warranty I got no answers so I am hoping someone here can shed light on the matter thanks :)

I think you should RMA it to them and ask for a new one. Or try contacting Corsair, but they will probably tell you to RMA it to the place you bought it from. As for your 660, if you put a waterblock on it, it will void the warranty. I wouldnt bother waterblocking the 660. It isnt a very powerful card. I think you should only waterblock a 660Ti and up.

Gonna call them up tomorrow and ask if I can get a replacement hope I can as if it doesn't work on my system or a friends then they have to right? the system clearly works as I am using it to type this but its using a old 460W PSU :/

Back