Corsair H50 Power Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

natefalk

I am trying to determine if I need to get a better PSU and I can not seem to find the specs for the Corsair H50 Water cooling unit. I want to make sure my PSU is large enough to not cause any problems. I've looked around at PSU Calcs but none seem to list the H50.

Here is my new system:
Mobo: ASUS P7P55D-E PRO
CPU: i7 860
Mem: OCZ Gold DDR3 1600
VC: ATI Radeon 5870
PSU: OCZ 650watt
SDD: Intel X25-M G2
HDD: 320GB@5200 & 500GB Western Digital Green
Cooling: Corsair H50
Fans: 2x80mm, 4x120mm
Fan controller: NZXT Sentry 2
Drives: DVD-RW (1)

Can anyone tell me if 650w is enough for this system? Thanks in advance.

As Ritwik has said, the 650w should be fine for your system. The H50 power draw is negligable (even if you add a second fan to the radiator in a push-pull configuration) as the pump uses no more power than a standard case fan.

the pump uses no more power than a standard case fan.

This is what I wanted to know, Thanks dude. I didn't think there were any problems with power, but I couldn't find any documentation anywhere. My Mobo died, for no apparent reason, about 3 weeks ago and I just got the replacement from ASUS. I wanted to make sure I had enough power and that I am not going to damage the board again.

I am using a push-pull on the H50 radiator, with the fans blowing out. I have another fan on the front of the case blowing in. I think the cooling is better with this configuration. Corsair recommends having outside air blowing through the radiator, but it seems to work fine either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back