Corsair intros new 950W PSU, TX950W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Corsair has introduced a new 950W power supply, further expanding its TX-series of top notch PSUs. The TX950W is constructed with industrial-grade materials to provide high-end computers with a plentiful source of clean and stable power.

It features active PFC, an 80-PLUS Bronze certification with up to 85% energy efficiency under real world load conditions, offers 78A on a single +12V rail, houses 105-degrees Celsius solid-state capacitors, and is guaranteed to sustain 100% load at an ambient temperature of 50-degrees Celsius.

Corsair's TX950W is cleared for use in multi-GPU configurations, measures 150mm(W) x 86mm(H) x 160mm (L), supports ATX12V 2.3 and EPS12V 2.91 standards, is backward compatible with ATX12V 2.01, and has a 100,000 MTBF.

Corsair backs its new PSU with a 5-year warranty and it is available for pre-order at a price of £115, €124, or $183.

Permalink to story.

Corsair is a great maker of power supplies, but this appears to be an appeal for marketing reasons.
I doubt there is any computer that will need this power supply and the additional cost.

I agree raybay, but at that price point, it provides the most power I've seen yet.

It also looks like a CWT PSH platform PSU to me; they (CWT) should really move forward from that one, considering its age and easily-apparent problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back