Corsair Lapdog Review: PC gaming on your lap

Steve

Staff member

One of the more exciting tech buys I recall making was my first truly large TV. It's been about 5 years now since I picked up a 55” LED TV for the living room to replace an older 42” Samsung model. After promptly mounting the shiny new display, the next step was to attach the home theatre PC, a capable machine of its time, though gaming wasn’t really on the agenda.

While I have longed to play first person shooters on the big screen, getting the keyboard and mouse setup in a way that makes them usable is no easy task. With plans to acquire a much larger 4K screen soon, being able to enjoy the latest shooters and real-time strategy games with the same level of comfort that I do in my office would be amazing.

Attempting to make this dream a reality is the Corsair Lapdog. Dubbed as the "Gaming Control Center" the Lapdog allows you to take a gaming mouse and mechanical keyboard and place it comfortably on your lap.

Read the complete review.

So... a $120 for a mat you can put on your legs with cable management? Sorry if it's uninteresting to me, I would rather just get one of those hospital kind of tables with wheels that you can put away when not in use and don't use space.

At this price point it needs to have wireless as well.
Yeah, you're better off just going with a decent wireless mouse and keyboard (I'm currently using a combo of Logitech k800 and g700 that I picked up years ago). I just plop the keyboard on my lap and put a mouse pad down on the cushion next to me on my couch and it works great. Purists may cry fowl at the lack of wires and mechanical keys, but I had no problems at all blasting through Doom on Ultra-Violence on my big screen.

Why is there no gaming wireless keyboards available anywhere? surely if they can make a good mouse a keyboard would be easy

Yeah, you're better off just going with a decent wireless mouse and keyboard (I'm currently using a combo of Logitech k800 and g700 that I picked up years ago). I just plop the keyboard on my lap and put a mouse pad down on the cushion next to me on my couch and it works great. Purists may cry fowl at the lack of wires and mechanical keys, but I had no problems at all blasting through Doom on Ultra-Violence on my big screen.

Wireless mice and keyboard have come a long way. I can deal with 1 - 2ms of lag when I'm lounging on the couch.

Back