Corsair Xms2

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tifc8lraz

For Christmas, I shall be buying a Christmas gift for my computer, and I have picked memory (if you cant' see why, look at my signature). My motherboard (in signature) is very picky about ram, although I found this Corsair XMS2 Memory on newegg (2X512Mb in Dual Channel), and it seems really good. I was wondering if it will work with my motherboard. I was going to contact Asus via email, although their "Technical Inquiry" section seems to be down right now. Thank you in advance for any help given :unch: !

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145539

I checked Corsair's site and they don't have your board listed. I checked your board's site and they don't have that particular ram listed, however they do list the Corsair 6400C4 ram as approved. You are looking at the 5400C4. Both are the XMS2 Corsair.

This doesn't mean the ram you are looking at is gauranteed to work (the two rams compared above are different speeds and different voltages), but chances are it will.

Have you tried googling your board name and that ram to see if anyone out there has the two working together?

That RAM is pretty cheap, I might buy some ;)

Well im about 90% sure it will work after I googled your Mobo and it seems to be in order ( I checked the specs )

So I would order them but if they dont work you could always send back to Newegg and get a diffrent pair ;)

TimeParadoX said:
That RAM is pretty cheap, I might buy some ;)

Well im about 90% sure it will work after I googled your Mobo and it seems to be in order ( I checked the specs )

So I would order them but if they dont work you could always send back to Newegg and get a diffrent pair ;)

Yeah, that's what I thought. If the need arises and it doesn't boot, I do know how to change the voltages in an emergency case (I hate doing this, even when oc'ing). Thans TimeParadoX and DonNagual for you help. I do agree it is cheap though! I know the name Corsair to be quality so that's why I chose it.

Yeah Crosair is probably the only brand I use because their tech support ( I dont really need it ;) ) and their stuff is really good and high qaulity with low prices! :D

TimeParadoX said:
Yeah Crosair is probably the only brand I use because their tech support ( I dont really need it ;) ) and their stuff is really good and high qaulity with low prices! :D

I like how their website tells you what kind of memory to use, which in my opinion should be posted on all tech websites so we can get less posts about why someone's GeForce 7900 didn't fit into their eight year old mobo's pci slot :unch: !

144$ For 1GB, I caught a deal and got some Cas-4 DDR2667 2GB for 170$, still waiting on that rebate though O.o

when buying RAM only go with brands the manufactuer recommends. Read the FAQs. Sure you might get a third party vendor to work, but maybe not.
That's your call.

Tedster said:
when buying RAM only go with brands the manufactuer recommends. Read the FAQs. Sure you might get a third party vendor to work, but maybe not.
That's your call.

They recommend a Corsair DDR2-667 model similar to the one I'm looking at right now. If it doesn't work, then I'll return it. Third party vendor :confused: ? Do you mean a site like Newegg, or a crap brand?

a Crap brand I think, Newegg isnt a manufacture but a retail site

But most crap brands have crap tech support ( Dell :haha: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back