Counter Strike Source Lag w/ Low Ping

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i new pc but i'm having a hard time getting Counter Strike Source to work without lagging like crazy, here are my specs.

Motherboard: MSI K9AG Neo2-Digital AM2 AMD 690G HDMI ATX
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00GHz
Ram: G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce 7900GS SLI Ready

i have lowered the video graphics and my ping is no higher then 25 or 30 but usually around 19 or so. i have also updated my graphics card driver with still the same problem.

How can i fix this?

Thanks,
- Mike

ok well i installed the setup.exe file and i was able to play in another server for about 5-10 mins perfectly fine but then it started to lag again. last night i ever reinstalled windows, steam and CSS

Hi again Mike

So this problem occurs only when playing online or does it happen during offline play as well? If it's only during online play, then it's probably got something to do with the servers you're playing on or your own internet connection.

Spyder_1386 :)

Hi mike

What power supply do you have? Is there enough power being supplied to the system? Also, is your graphics card overheating? Once the lagging starts, does the game freeze at any point or exit to windows with an error?

Spyder_1386 :)

the type of power supply i have is the Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W SLI Ready ATX12V V2.01

and when it lags the graphics stay frozen and the sound will glitch and loop this happens for about a min and then i can play for about 10-15secs then it lags again for a min or so.

hope that helps :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back