CPU problem

Hi

So I have got some problems with my pc, its hard to explain and I don't really know whats happening. And I think its my processor that makes the problem. I have an Intel core i7 8700cpu 3.20GHz.

What my problem is is that sometimes my pc will just lagg out, so everything will be going slow, my sounds will lagg my pc will entirely lagg. Everything will go slow, and I think sounds like music makes it go more slow. But that isnt always happening. Sometimes my pc works just fine. But when it happens I need to restart my computer and than it sometimes fixes and I can play on my computer without having the problem for some days, but when I have the problem I need to restart my pc like 3 times to get it to work again. When I restart my pc or shut it down, it doesnt go all the way off. Like my keyboard will still be on and my pc will still be on but my screen will be off/black. So than I need to click on the pc button to turn it off, and thats only when I get the lagg problem that it wont turn off.

So I don't know what problem I have here.

Lots of potential issues:
- start by cleaning and defragging HDD
- update drivers
- clean dust out of system
- remove any unwanted programs
- update and run anti-malware

for more - provide system detail and history

Can you explain me how to clean and defragg HDD, what do you mean by that? Just remove programs from on that disk?
How do I update my drivers?
Is windows 10 anti virus good enough?

Back