CPU usage spiking

My computer suddenly started running slow and i noticed cpu usage was spiking like mad, just opening google chrome it goes from 1% - 18%+, Also if i open another tab it spikes into the 40's and so on, most ive seen it at is 80s. which is bad, i know. Does anyone know how to reduce or fix this problem?, thnx

its not exactly bad to have it in the 80's, won't hurt it.
What are your computer specs?

yes lol, ok so your hardware isn't the problem. In task manager what are the most processors with cpu usage?

There all at 00 apart from google chrome which is jumping from 01 - 05 and desktop windows manager which is going 01 - 02, There the only things jumping

it all sounds normal, i think your just over worrying about it, if you want install passmark performance test V.6 and run it, should pass at atleast 600-700

My computer suddenly started running slow and i noticed cpu usage was spiking like mad, just opening google chrome it goes from 1% - 18%+, Also if i open another tab it spikes into the 40's and so on, most ive seen it at is 80s. which is bad, i know. Does anyone know how to reduce or fix this problem?, thnx

What CPU and MOBO you have. Give us more info about your setup.

You need to go to task manager , right click taskbar and go to task manager.

Put check in show all processes. Now look at what EXE is causing this CPU usage and spikes. let me know.. gl

Back