Crackling sound in downloaded videos

Hi. Whenever I download any video from youtube or any other website, it has crackling sound. I tried reinstalling various drivers, flash player, different downloading tools but nothing helps. however, when I don't download but just watch video on youtube, sound is ok.
How to fix it?
I have dell n5010 and windows 7 running
Any help would be appreciated

Have you tried transferring the video to other PC and see if it works fine? the program you used to play the video may be the culprit.

Hey nismo91. What program do you use to download the YouTube vids?. I use the Video Download Helper add-on in Firefox for YouTube vids and play them with VLC's Media Player with no problem. I also use the Ant Video Downloader add-on in Firefox for videos on other sites.

I used to use video download helper until it technically become worse months ago. now just used plain FlashGot (required for download accelerator for other purposes). when youtube videos are loaded, icon will appear, then right click on it and select the video you want to download.

have been using that for years and did not experience any single issue. played it back using media player classic with latest K-Lite Codec Pack. used VLC in the past too but gave it up because of limited support for multi-channel speakers.

I used download helper, catchvideo, keepvid and some other stuff. nothing helped...

Flashgot also doesnt work

What I mean is what player you used to play the videos, not download them. also have you tried it in other computer? how about downloading it in other computer and play it back on your computer and see if the problem persists

I downloaded youtube videos on other pc and sound is much better. almost without cranckling but not perfect. when I copy those videos to the main pc, cranckling comes back with full stregth

For watching I use vlc player

Try disabling microphone or microphone boost from your audio devices.
(mine has realtek chipset; mic at front panel, click properties, set mic to zero or slide sound bar to left most portion)

I highly suspect your VLC player is causing the problem. as you said: "when I don't download but just watch video on youtube, sound is ok."

there are some other players you can try to watch the downloaded videos. I used media player classic from K-Lite Codec Pack.

Back