Crysis 2

red1776

Has anybody been able to figure out if Crysis 2 is DX10.1 or 11 yet? for some reason that fact has been strangely elusive.

AFAIK Crysis 2 won't feature tesselation (but does feature deferred lighting tho' this isn't a DX11 exclusive), but CryEngine 3 has a DX11 render path so I'd think it likely that it would be used it since it offers less overhead than DX10/10.1 So DX11, 10 and 9 should be supported.
The original Crysis 2 tech demo/trailer was released using DX11 I believe.

aha, very good, thanks chef. I read an interview with (his name escapes me) and he hedged on weather it would include DX11 or not. I'm not a software guy, but I get the impression that adding a DX 11 path is relatively easy for developers from a DX 10 platform/engine?

That's what I've intuited as well.
I'm not sure if adding the triangle drawing (tesselation) and other eye-candy is as easy, although I think tesselation for STALKER:CoP was a relatively late addition to the game (I assume AMD helped GSC with that since it was touted by AMD at release).

i thought i remembered cevat yerli, the project lead and ceo of cytek, stating that the game would utilize DX11... in one of the E3 interviews or something.

yea not an easy one to remember, i actually surprised myself lol

but i'm 90% sure that he said there would be DX11, especially because the game is more open world with things falling apart and such. don't hold me to it just yet but i'm gonna see if i can find that interview. it was a couple of months ago when i watched it i think, may have even been pre-E3

Back