Crysis Remaster delayed by a few weeks, early trailer leaked

midian182

Staff member

Update (7/1): After strong indications that Crysis Remastered was set for release as soon as this month, Crytek announced this morning that they're hard at work on the game, but development has been pushed by a few weeks.

The remaster will arrive to all platforms, including PC, consoles and even Nintendo Switch for the first time. Although the game's release date was never made official, there were various hints that pointed to a July or August date at the latest. After a trailer was leaked this week (watch below), Crytek says they're listening to feedback to make sure the remaster lives up to fans' expectations.

Are you excited about once again discovering if your PC can run Crysis? We now know when the remastered version of the game will arrive—July 23—and there’s going to be a gameplay reveal tomorrow.

It was back in April when we finally got confirmation that the long-rumored Crysis remaster was on the way. Developer Crytek said it would be heading to all platforms, including the Nintendo Switch—quite a surprise for a game that was used as a benchmark for PC power due to its graphically intensive nature.

Crytek said the updated version would feature higher quality textures and new graphical bells and whistles, including its "native hardware and API-agnostic ray tracing solution," but never gave a release date. It’s likely to be announced during the gameplay reveal, though a listing on the Microsoft Store spoils the surprise: Crysis Remastered arrives on July 23.

The store doesn’t reveal much else, other than three screenshots and a description that boasts “remastered graphics optimized for a new generation of hardware.”

We’ll get to see just how good the 2020 version of Crysis looks when the official gameplay trailer drops on YouTube tomorrow, July 1, at 9 am PT/12 pm ET. You can head over there now and let people know how excited (or not) you are. A video purportedly showing the game has already appeared on some YouTube channels (below), but it could be a fake.

Personally, I love the Crysis titles, and used to replay the third game every time I got a new graphics card. Let’s hope the remaster isn’t a disappointment.

Permalink to story.

I'm most interested to see how they are going to belittle Core i9 processors and 2080Ti.

Crysis was designed to rely on fewer cores running very fast wherin now we have many cores running very fast and GPU with more than 10 times that power and memory bandwidth available during Crysis' launch. I'm sure it will be stunning.

I'm also interested in whether or not they'll have a multiplayer function that evolves what we had in Crysis 2 and 3. I never got to play Crysis: Power Struggle but I did enjoy Crysis 2 and 3's multiplay.

In reality, the biggest mistake Crysis made was taking the "war on North Koreans" to "war on aliens". At least Far Cry continued to allow me to fight "regular people" instead of aliens or helmeted storm troopers encased in armor - removing their humanity.

What I want is a CRYSIS that simply allows me to go up against "regular people" with a high tech armored suit and advanced weapons - thereby giving them no chance whatsoever.

Last edited:
I'm most interested to see how they are going to belittle Core i9 processors and 2080Ti.

Crysis was designed to rely on fewer cores running very fast wherin now we have many cores running very fast and GPU with more than 10 times that power and memory bandwidth available during Crysis' launch. I'm sure it will be stunning.

I'm also interested in whether or not they'll have a multiplayer function that evolves what we had in Crysis 2 and 3. I never got to play Crysis: Power Struggle but I did enjoy Crysis 2 and 3's multiplay.

In reality, the biggest mistake Crysis made was taking the "war on North Koreans" to "war on aliens". At least Far Cry continued to allow me to fight "regular people" instead of aliens or helmeted storm troopers encased in armor - removing their humanity.

What I want is a CRYSIS that simply allows me to go up against "regular people" with a high tech armored suit and advanced weapons - thereby giving them no chance whatsoever.

Unless they purposefully poorly optimize it, don't expect anything spectacular. Crytek has been on the very of bankruptcy for awhile now, they are likely doing this for the cash.

Arent all remakes/remastered done for cash? Last I checked any company that makes anything does it for money. A company struggling will indeed do things for cash, doesnt mean the game will be trash or anything. If the game turns out decently im sure most will enjoy it. Not everyone got to enjoy it the first time. Also gives Crytek a chance to get new customers. Hope it works out for everyone. Good company but everyone hits on hard times unfortunately.

Last edited:
Ha! Not a chance this is official gameplay. Guy just wanted views and probably modded the old one (at best).

Heck, the first thing that gives it away is that awful blue plane jet particle effect. I clearly remember laughing at how bad it looks when I played the old one recently...

Unless they purposefully poorly optimize it, don't expect anything spectacular. Crytek has been on the very of bankruptcy for awhile now, they are likely doing this for the cash.
Crytek was on the verge of bankruptcy but they seem to have righted the ship. Cevat stepped down as CEO, his brothers took over, the sold a bunch of external studios and IPs, refocused on the CryEngine R&D, did some cool VR projects for Occulus for cash, and now they seem to be hiring again.

And remastering a classic that millions of console gamers never played is a smart biz move.

Ha! Not a chance this is official gameplay. Guy just wanted views and probably modded the old one (at best).

Heck, the first thing that gives it away is that awful blue plane jet particle effect. I clearly remember laughing at how bad it looks when I played the old one recently...
The comments on the video are nothing but people trashing on Crytek. Kinda sad really. Probably lost a few people's interest.

Crytek was on the verge of bankruptcy but they seem to have righted the ship. Cevat stepped down as CEO, his brothers took over, the sold a bunch of external studios and IPs, refocused on the CryEngine R&D, did some cool VR projects for Occulus for cash, and now they seem to be hiring again.

And remastering a classic that millions of console gamers never played is a smart biz move.
If this is all true I am glad for them. I don't think they deserve to go down as hard as they did. I liked most things they did except the direction they took after Crysis wars
Except what was it called? Ryze? Ryzen? Rise? I Think their new title hunt showdown also looks goods and I am glad they are actually catering for single player users. Anyway I am rambling. If they play their cards right they could do well in the future. Good leadership can make or break a company.

The comments on the video are nothing but people trashing on Crytek. Kinda sad really. Probably lost a few people's interest.
Maybe. The official trailer drops tomorrow. I'd bet it'll be impressive enough to make up for that.

Though in true (original) Crysis fashion, I'm hoping it'll be the new benchmark for rigs :p

If this is all true I am glad for them. I don't think they deserve to go down as hard as they did. I liked most things they did except the direction they took after Crysis wars
Except what was it called? Ryze? Ryzen? Rise? I Think their new title hunt showdown also looks goods and I am glad they are actually catering for single player users. Anyway I am rambling. If they play their cards right they could do well in the future. Good leadership can make or break a company.

P. S. Remastering a classic that still holds up incredibly well today seems odd. Just unoptimized for multicore processing.

Good to know, thank you.

I can't see how the switch can run it properly, they surely will have to turn some physics based effects off because from what I remember of Crysis (last time I played it was 2 years ago) is it's a very physics heavy game which puts a lot of pressure on the CPU which then can flat line the GPU in certain scenes. It's funny because when I first played the game was in 2007 with a P4, 1GB of RAM, 8600GT 256MB Graphics card running at 1024x768 at Medium graphics settings, but even at the time at those settings it was better than any of the consoles at the time could do.

Crysis ... the only game released in 2007 that became playable on hardware in 2017 ?
Are we going to expect 60 FPS at low details on a 3080 Ti ?

Wait, are they actually suggesting that "leak" was real?

I seriously hope not. It legit looks like a fan modded trailer, which means that (if it was official) the reveal was going to bomb hard.
And then the overhaul to fix it to more reasonable expectations would take a few months at the least, not weeks......

Aaaah. OK. I missed that detail.
Because it's false. It's on PC no question.

Wish TS would remove the fake video too.

Edit: just read their tweet. So they are saying that's legit? Gd.. I was expecting a complete redo from ground up.

Last edited:
When you re-release a game that was a benchmark 13 years ago you better make sure you set the bar high again. TBH, Crysis as a game was average at best, what made it special was the looks. May be an unpopular opinion but I don't care really.

There is also the question of price: for example, Mafia 2 DE gets a lot of flack for being basically the same game (which is true), but at the same time it was given for free to everyone who had original, so personally I couldn't care less, you get what you pay for after all. If this goes to everyone who already paid for it as a gift... I'll take it. Other than that, based on this trailer alone, there is no way in hell they are getting one cent from me.

Don't get what the hubba is. I see nothing remotely interested to get me to buy the remaster. Crysis was my least favorite of the 4 games. I liked them in order; Crysis 2, Crysis Warhead, Crysis 3, Crysis. No way I'm buying it again. We need a brand new Crysis game, not a remaster of the 1st one. That's lame. This is probably going to end up like the Bioshock Remaster, worse than the first one.

Last edited:
Back