Crysis Warhead Framerate issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sketchy Meister

I have read topics on other sites of people able to run Crysis Warhead on systems very similar to mine on Gamer settings with upwards of 25+ fps. With the CCC graphics config they get 45+ frames. I have tried running the game on Gamer without the tweak, and get around 15 fps. With the tweak I get bumped up to around 20-25 fps. This is on a fresh install of Windows, and all drivers are up to date. Any suggestions or ideas, or what fps you get with your system?

His specs are there, THNDR143, unless he added them in the past 2 hours of course.

I don't know much about Crysis, but what resolution are you running compared to the others? A higher resolution would mean worse performance, of course. Do you have adequate cooling?

Yeah my specs are up. Yeah I have adequate cooling, i am using Riva Tuner to boost my fan speed on my graphics card. I'm running it at 1680 x 1050, which is a pretty normal one for a lot of people. I know turning the res down might help, but then it really starts to look like crap and I can't imagine a 20 fps or more boost

Honestly, I'd say trial and error. Mess with the resolution just to see if it boosts a lot. I know that the 8800gt isn't necessarily the best card for higher resolutions, so that my be the issue. I'd try 1440 first.

is that a 16:10 res? the problem with lowering is that everything gets distorted when I try...

Edit: Tried lowering to 1440 x 900 which is a 16:10 format. No increase or decrease in performance XD

just a hunch, but i wonder if this is because you are running 64 version of vista, try disabling triple buffer and V-sync in the nvidia game control. see if it helps

I haven't heard anything about 64 bit being slower. I had this problem with 32 bit as well, i just switched over like a week ago. Triple buffer is off and vsync is controlled by crysis, and doesnt affect anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back