Crysis2Launcher.exe - Bad Image (error message)

Hey Guys, This is my first first post so sorry if it is pretty amateur.
I have installed Crysis 2 on my system and everytime I attempt to load it the following error message appears:
Crysis2Launcher.exe - Bad Image
C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc90.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4148_no ne_4bf500abf9d60b7\mfc90.udll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

I have spoken to EA agents multiple times on the live chat on their support website and have tried all of their suggestions, none of which have worked. These included doing a clean boot, running combofix, attempting to launch Crysis 2 as Administrator, Removing all firewalls, running Malwarebytes to delete any infections. My system appears to be completely virus free but yet this problem still persists, if anybody has any information that could help me I would appreciate it greatly.

I have also included the dxdiag.txt document.

Attachments

• DxDiag 2 .txt
    35.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Crysis2Launcher.exe - Bad Image.jpg
    Crysis2Launcher.exe - Bad Image.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 10
Hey,
I noticed on the screenshot that you have BitTorrent i just wanted to know if you bought this or if you downloaded it illegally chances are that if you did download it then there might be missing files etc. that may stop the game from working

Other than that why don't you try running install again.
Hope I helped.

Hey thanks for replying :)
No I always buy my games for the PC as I always think the Devs deserve the money. However I regret shelling out £30 on this now as the support website doesnt give any good advice on the issue.
I have tried reinstalling on different accounts and downloaded it from the EA Download Manager and the error message still pops up.

Hey thanks for replying,
I installed the 64 bit version and the game still creates the error message. I have spoken to A numerous times about it now and they should get back to me in the next 24 hours. Allegedly they did not even try to run the game on a 64 bit environment before release, it was only afterwards that they realized it created problems. All of the Technicians I spoke to had never seen this error message before so if they cant get back to me with a way of making the game run I will be filing a complaint with the UK trading standards and taking it up further with EA.
Thanks for the help though :)

This is the first time I've seen this error message too.
Though for me the game works fine in both Win7 SP1 x64 and WinXP SP2 x64

The Win7 part is a bit interesting though, it required Service Pack 1 else it would crash the game almost immediately.
However even after installing that my computer will hardlock during gameplay. (So maybe the SP was just a placebo effect)
First it was not so frequent but now it really is.
Game works just fine in XP x64... (Same video driver version too)
It hardlocks with sound looping and the screen frozen when it crashes in Win7... Hard Reset is the only way to get around it...

Its really causing me problems and I really doubt EA will provide any really helpful input. The only solution im left with really is to completely wipe my PC and reload the OS however I don't know if it is really worth it or will make much difference. I will wait to see what they get back to me with, hopefully they release a patch or something similar to tackle the problem. I will post back with what they say when they get back to me, it should be in the next day or so. :)

Publishers tend to suck at support especially with more complex issues that aren't something a FAQ can solve. I recommend trying out the official MyCrysis PC forum and see if you find anyone else who had this issue. If it's a more widespread problem, you might even get some help from a Crytek developer.

Hey guys,
EA eventually elevated my problem to Trier 3 support who are the alleged kings of technical knowledge. However the suggestions they made did not work either which I think irritated them as we spoke on the phone. I received a message yesterday telling me my dxdiag and error message have been given to the game Devs so they can try and develop a patch or work out a problem. They should get back to me in the next 2 days with anything they can offer. Im pretty happy that the issue has been taken seriously as apparently some of my friends and people I know have suffered from the same issue on 64 bit systems.
I will post back their reply

Back